Cordkillers 237 - Ritzy Kitchens (w/ Megan Morrone)
CordKillers: Ep. Ritzy Kitchens
Recorded: September 24 2018
Guest: Megan Morrone
They'll Love Me When I'm Dead trailer
Apple's Upcoming Streaming Service Is Reportedly So Bland Staff Are Calling It 'Expensive NBC'
Apple Plans to Produce These Original TV Shows
It sounds like Apple’s original content is going to be really, really bad
Tim Cook Killed Apple’s Dr. Dre-Inspired TV Series, Report Says
Apple reportedly delays original shows over mature content
Apple snags Chris Evans for limited series ‘Defending Jacob’
- Wall Street Journal reported Saturday that Apple wants its TV shows to be free of “gratuitous sex, profanity or violence.” Which is reportedly delaying projects.
- Apple staff in LA supposedly call it "Expensive NBC"
- Tim Cook canceled Vital Signs, about the life of hip-hop magnate Dr. Dre, after it was shot because it was too violent. (a mansion orgy, cocaine, and drawn guns)
- Cook and Eddy Cue have to approve.
- Supposedly they asked M. Night Shyamalan to remove crucifixes shown in a couples house. (no religion or politics)
- Spielberg's Amazing Stores has a new showrunner (too dark)
- Reese Whitherspoon and Jennifer Anniston's morning show comedy was not upbeat enough.
- Was supposed to debut end of this year, now scheuled for March.
- New Show Alert. Chris Evans in Defending Jacob, based on a 2012 novel by William Landay. An attorney's 14-year-old son is accused of murdering a classmate.
How to Watch
New Roku Premiere devices make 4K HDR streaming as affordable as $39
- Roku announced the Premiere and Premiere+ devices that offer 4K HDR streaming. The premiere will be sold exclusively at Wal-mart for $50 and includes the voice remote the Premiere will sell elsewhere for $40 without the remote. Both support 802.11n WiFi. Both are up for preorder shipping in October. Roku also announced it will begin supporting Google Assistant in the next few weeks, meaning you can control a Roku from your phone or Google Home device.. said it will start bundling in JBL headphones for people who buy its Roku Ultra with no price increase.
First Look at Amazon’s Fire TV Recast, a new device to record live TV, stream it anywhere
- Fire TV Recast connects to an antenna and records live TV that you can watch over a Fire TV, Echo Show, Echo Spot or iOS and Android. The app for the device helps find the best location for the antenna. It can record two or four shows at once depending on the model. A new channel guide on Fire TV will combine your over the air Recast channels with any Prime Video Channels you subscribe to. Preorders start today for $229 for two tuners and 500 GB. The four tuner TB version sles for $279 both shipping before the holidays.
What to Watch
CBS’s Star Trek: Discovery mini-episodes begin streaming next month
- Mini-episodes in the Star Trek:Discovery universe will begin streaming on CBS All Access starting October 4th with Runaway, a story about Tilly. A new mini episode will arrive each month thereafter until all four have been released.
A New Doctor Who Season 11 Trailer in advance of its arrival October 7.
A 10-episode season of The Haunting of Hill House premieres on Netflix, October 12th.
Daredevil' season three premieres October 19th. New trailer shows Matt Murdock wants to let the devil out.
A new Ralph Breaks the Internet Trailer: is out. The movie arrives November 21.
True Detective’s Fukunaga set to helm 25th Bond film
- Cary Joji Fukunaga will direct the next James Bond film which will arrive February 14, 2020 and likely be the last appearance of Daniel Craig as Bond.
Hulu is bringing back Veronica Mars
- Hulu has decided to bring back Veronica Mars for an 8-episode season next year. Creator Rob Thomas will write the first episode and produce the series.
Jordan Peele will host the reboot of the Twilight Zone he has been producing for CBS All Access. It's set to arrive in 2019.
Disney planning Loki and Scarlet Witch TV mini-series to launch new streaming service
- Disney will bring a limited run animated series to its new streaming series with Tom Hiddleston voicing Loki and are considering a series around Scarlet Witch voiced by Elizabeth Olsen.
Netflix greenlights AVATAR: THE LAST AIRBENDER live-action TV series
- Netflix has approved a live-action adaptation of Avatar: The Last Airbender. Showrunners Michael DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko who did the animated series for Nickelodeon will run the live action one too. Looks like they're targeting a 2020 release.
Black Panther director Ryan Coogler is joining LeBron James’ Space Jam
- Space Jam is getting a sequel starring LeBron James and Ryan Coogler has been named as producer. It's directed by Terence Nance, who recently created the HBO series Random Acts of Flyness.
Marvel has hired Chinese director Chloe Zhao to work on its movie adaptation of The Eternals.
Brian: Better Call Saul, bit of season 2 American Vandal
Tom: A little of Meteor Garden, Spectre , The House with a Clock in its Walls
Megan: The Good Place, Sharp Objects
On the Lookout: Dragon Prince, Next Gen
Disney's CEO Agrees That Maybe One Star Wars Movie a Year Is a Bit Too Much
-Walt Disney CEO Bob Iger told the Hollywood Reporter that it's his fault that we were getting one Star Wars movie a year and he thinks it was a mistake. He said they are making decisions about what comes next after Episode IX and will be more careful about volume and timing.
Hulu is first to live stream TV to Amazon’s Echo Show
- Amazon's Echo Show will start showing Hulu Live TV, the first live streaming service to work with the voice-activated display, starting next month. Hulu Live announced it has more than 1 million subscribers now. Hulu also announced a redesigned web version last week.
Logitech introduced the K600 keyboard marketed at Smart TV users. It's a Bluetooth keyboard with a built-in trackpad for $70.
Disney Says ESPN+ Streaming Service Notches More Than 1 Million Subscribers
- ESPN+, the service that offers streaming games not available on ESPN's cable networks for $5 a month, has reached 1 million subscribers. Last August ESPN moved subscribers to its analysis service, ESPN Insider to ESPN+. The company has not revealed how many subscribers that was.
The 2018 Emmys were a watershed moment for streaming TV
- HBO received the most Emmy wards and nominations for 16 years in a row. This year Netflix received more nominations and tied HBO with 23 awards each. However the biggest single show winner was Amazon's Marvelous Mrs. Maisel with five awards and Amazon got eight total. Hulu took home 4.
Netflix still intends to produce Stranger Things game despite Telltale collapse
- Update on the Netflix-TellTale partnership from a couple weeks back: with TellTale Games closing a majority of their studio, the TellTale version of a Stranger Things game has been cancelled. Netflix says they still intend to move forward with a Stranger Things game. TellTale's remaining crew are working on the Netflix version of Minecraft: Story Mode.
Dispatches from the Front
Hello Tom and Brian,
Last year I wrote in and told you two about how I finally got a house, Plex pass and Plex cloud. As a customer I feel a bit betrayed or slighted I signed up for a year of Plex pass with the intent of possibly going lifetime because of the Plex cloud service. Plex Cloud will end before my year is up. Staying with Plex Pass is a personal bridge I will have to cross when it comes time to renew. Now my question to you or other cordkillers. What is the best option for hosting a Plex server? I do not want to run it on one of my computers. I would prefer that it be on a wireless NAS or even going with the Nighthawk X10 router which has the Plex server built in. Are there any other routers with plex built in?
Thanks in advance,
With the popularity of game streaming and cord cutting why is there no Apple TV version of the Twitch app?
Twitchy IOS App
I love my shield TV thanks for the info on the remote control app.
P.S. please let me know who the other user is.