Cordkillers: Ep. Beta 2 - Ear love
Cord Killers Beta 2 - Ear love
Recorded: December 29 2013
Guest: Fraser Cain
- Are more people cutting the Internet than cable TV?
- About 520,000 Add Broadband in the Third Quarter of 2013
- Major Multi-Channel Video Providers Lost About 25,000 Subscribers in 3Q 2013
- More Cord Cutters Ditching Web Than Cable TV
Kris Naudus, product database czar—consumer surveys by Leichtman Research Group Inc
1% of US households (1,351 surveyed) stopped wired Internet for wireless
0.4% canceled pay-TV subscriptions dropped a multi-channel video service in the past year because of Netflix or being able to watch programs online or in other ways, would not have otherwise dropped their service, and do not plan to subscribe again in the next six months
Second number doesn’t account for churn: Leichtman also reported 518,282 net added broadband in Q3 2013. Leichtman reported net loss of 26,643 TV subs. (Despite net add of 174,000 satellite and 400,000 telco— Cable had net loss 600,643)
- Game of Thrones' season 3 finale was the most pirated show of 2013
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Most Pirated TV-Show of 2013
- Here’s the question we should be asking about ‘record’ Amazon Prime member growth
- The Future Is Personal Movie Theaters Without The Awful Other People
- Netflix purge coming Jan. 1
- Terrifying new promos released for 'Battlestar Galactica' creator Ron Moore's 'Helix'
- Annual Netflix outage interrupts streaming in US, Canada and Latin America (update: fixed!)
- Thousands' of cans of missing TV episodes returned to the BBC and ITV
Winter Movie Draft
- Justin Robert Young: $503,513,000
- Fr. Robert Ballecer: $485,056,000
- Casey McKinnon: $445,324,422
- Jeff Cannata: $350,016,348
- Tom Merritt: $252,303,646
- Brian Brushwood: $177,515,619
- Brian Brushwood: Blackfish, Downfall, Legend of Korra , Bravest Warriors
- Tom Merritt: Betas, Doctor Puppet, This is the End, Secret Life of Walter Mitty, Doctor Who
- Fraser Cain: Legend of Korra, Betas, Thor, Hunger Games, Hobbit, Doctor Who
Dispatches from the Front
- Great start to the new show, thanks for bringing us what we want when want and whatever...
When Netflix launched profiles back in the summer, they broke parental controls by allowing kids to choose which profile to login with. Since there's no authentication or PIN for profiles, kids can start watching Human Centipede or whatever they want, when they want etc.
I emailed you guys about this when profiles launched and you thought it was a niggle that Netflix would sort out. Nearly 6 months in and it hasn't changed despite other changes to the service and software.
I'm the parent and it's my responsibility to protect my kids, but if the tools aren't there to help me supervise their viewing, then I won't let them use the service, simple. But that's not really in Netflix's interest, surely?
- Never lose the sharpie on cardboard!
That is all.
- Thanks for changing the format of the video in the feed. Was frustrating seeing that I got the beta episode, but wasn't downloaded. (Course, went to the website to grab it).
Now, can you offer a smaller sized version of the video? 1.28GB is kinda huge for video file to play on a phone.